1. Remove the screws holding the z-tops in place.
2. Pull the z-tops off the smooth rods.
3. Remove the screws securing the trapezoidal nuts and spin those nuts to the top of the lead screws and remove them. They will be reused.
4. Lift the x-end off the z-axis rods.
5. MK2s and MK2.5 only: Remove the two M2x12 screws securing the x-end limit switch.
6. Remove the three screws holding the x-end motor.
7. Replace the rod tensioning screws with fully threaded M3x30 screws and drive out the smooth rods from the x-end-idler.
8. Pull the rods out of the x-end-motor.
Your contributions are licensed under the open source Creative Commons license.
Insert a new line below
Insert a new line above
Indent current line
Unindent current line
Delete current line
Navigate to next step.
Navigate to previous step.